Wednesday 10 February 2010

Books To Read

I love reading books and have always loved to read parenting books.  The secret is to read them and take what you like and leave alone what you don't.  I particularly like to read books by other parents and how they parent their own children.  I mentioned a book I was reading a few days ago by Shmuley Boteach.  It's called Parenting with Fire.  It's been a really interesting book to read.  This is a Jewish family who follow their religion with pride and dedication.  The book does talk about their religion in connection with the family but is not a religious book.  This book is a parenting/family book.  Whilst I do not follow his religion or some of his parenting methods I think he has a strong family connection worth modeling (in your own way).

Getting ideas from a different viewpoint is a fantastic way to bring balance to your life.

Anyway, If your interested here are the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment