Wednesday 16 February 2011

Positive parents and kids update

Wow, it's already February.  As you can see it's been a while since I last posted.  It's been a busy couple of months.  I've been busy with my coaching work and family life.  I'm also writing a lot for suite101.  I'm loving writing daily as this is something I haven't done for some time.  My articles are a mixture of life skills, personal development, law of attraction, paenting, etc.

You can go to my profile page at http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/763616

My articles are listen at the bottom of my profile page.

You can subscribe so that you always get my articles as they are published.

New Puppy

Well it's been a roller coaster ride with our lovely new puppy Lola.  We got her from the local dog rescue center.  She's five months old and a labrador/pointer cross (we think).  We had her her in our home for just 6 days before she had to have a stay at the vet's.  She had parvovirus which is an incredibly dangerous dog illness.  The vet explained the situation and there I was with our new puppy that Jack (age 9) had bought with his own money, being asked if I wanted to go with the treatment which I was told could easily result in her dying and was very expensiveor we could put her to sleep there and then.  Needless to say I was in floods of tears.  We had to give her a chance.  The first 72 hours were critical to her survival.  We said we had to give her at least the 72 hours.  So she stayed at the vets on a drip to make her better.  We visited her often and prayed she would be home healthy and strong soon.  We said positive affirmation and visualized her running around the garden. 
I'm happy to say after the 72 hours were up she had made a full recovery and is now home, happy and healthy.  She's one very loved puppy.  Now we just need to work out how to convince her 5.30am is not playtime in our home.  Any ideas?

Books

I love books and I'm delighted to say Jack share my passion.  He's a book fanatic.  I wanted to tell you about a brilliant book I bought him for Christmas.  It's the Nat Geo Kids infopedia (almanac in USA) and it's absolutely packed with the most wonderful information.  It's the sort of book that all ages love and you can pick it up for a couple of minutes or an hour.  If your kids love information and books this one is a must.

I got my copy from Amaon.co.uk but I know it's available on Amazon.com too.



This is the same one on Amazon.com


They do new ones every year and we got last years when we were in Florida on holiday.  He's usually got them both either in the car or at the side (or in) his bed. 

Well, I'd better get myself moving.  The sun has finally come out so I'd better go and put the washing out. 

Happy Parenting.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment