Tuesday 7 September 2010

You Are The Best Person To Decide What's Right For Your Family

You know what?  When I was a new mum I was bombarded with information on how to be the best parent.  I had well meaning advice from friends, family and of course the professional advice from the health visitor.  You get the idea I'm sure. 

Result - A very confused new mum.

I tried to do what I thought other people expected me to do.  I did this for the first 4 years of my sons life before I woke up and realised that I didn't need to try and please anyone else.

My point is, as parents we are the best people to know what is right for our families. Once I worked that out I became a much happier mum. 

You see what's right for the super mum next door and her perfect family is not what's right for you.  And what was right for your own parents almost certainly will not fit with your own family.  I had a great childhood and great parents but that still doesn't mean their way works for me and my family.

Do what works for you and your family and enjoy being the best parent you can be for YOUR KIDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment